Our Premium Casement Window with the magnetic touch screen. Convenient and simple to use. Available in both double and triple glazed energy efficient glazing systems. Backed by our Unbeatable 30/30 Lifetime Guarantee.
Frame and Sash
- Strong, Durable, Maintenance Free uPVC Vinyl Construction
Warranted for a lifetime of performance.
- Vinyl is impervious to the elements and never requires painting
- Multi-Chambered profiles
Designed for energy savings, extra strength and maximum insulation.
- Slim profiles
Result in maximum light penetration without sacrificing strength.
- Computer Controlled Precision Miter Cutting
Frame and sash are welded simultaneously for a perfect fit.
- Versatile & Flexible
For new homes, your windows are built to your individual needs with options such as nailfins, brickmoulds, jamb returns and frame extensions to fit your type of wall construction.
- Size Limitations
- 100M Casement: Width 12″ – 38″, Height 20″ – 80″
- 150M Awning: Width 20″ – 48″, Height 20″ – 36″
- 7/8″ overall insulated glass – results in superior thermal performance.
- Upgrade to 1 3/8″ overall for triple glazing and maximum performance.
- High Performance Glass– Choose Solar Gain Low E for free Solar Heat or Solar Shield Low E for reducing solar heat gain. Argon and Krypton Gas fillings will maximize heat savings! KeepSafe Glass is the laminate of choice for security, quiet and safety!
- Optional high performance 1-3/8″ overall triple seal unit – with two 1/2″ air space for Argon Gas with double Low E allowing for a maximum center glass 8.2R/.12U value.
- Triple protection glazing method– A flexible Neoprene Dual Durometer hugs the glass (Marine Glazing technique). An exterior wet glazing tape and an interior silicone full perimeter seal bead provide a great seal! This commercial technique is exclusive to the ClimateShield Premium Casement. It provides the ultimate in performance and is made for life!
- IGMAC Approved –
Certification #’s – Temp Smart™ #2190-020508G – Intercept™ #029912
- Truth Maxim Heavy Duty Operator – Truth’s proprietary E Guard multi-stage coating process is resistant to a wide range of corrosive materials.
- Superior Triple Seal Weather Stripping– High pile is designed to let the water run out while preventing insects from entering. Neoprene bulb seal is the ideal compression seal. Fin pile is used as a secondary main seal. It is a highly effective seal without affecting ease of operation.
- Single Lever Multipoint– The Truth Maxim Multipoint and Hinge System is the industry’s finest and is available on our ClimateShield Premium Casement. The Truth Maxim Hinge is specifically designed to handle heavier loads from larger windows with ease, time after time! ClimateShield Plus features a heavy duty multipoint lock and hinge system which is the industry norm on competitive top-of-the line products. All hinges are concealed when closed. Windows minimum width 14″ opens 90° for easy cleaning. (Widths 12″ – 14″ open 70°.)
- Aluminum Reinforced Frame– Ensures the casement hardware is securely anchored into the vinyl frame with special cut screws threading into the aluminum, as well as the vinyl.
- Optional Folding Handle
- CAN/CSA A440 – M00 – F2, A3, B7, C5
- Energy Rating: +28 U1 value: 0.291
- CSA Certified File # 204624
- Window Wise Certified
- AAMA/NWWDA – C-C65 FER30
- NFRC Certified
- ENERGYSTAR ® Qualified
Optional internal grills for beauty and distinction.
A casement window (or casement) is a window that is attached to its frame by one or more hinges. Casement windows are hinged at the side. (Windows hinged at the top are referred to as awning windows. Ones hinged at the bottom are called hoppers.) They are used singly or in pairs within a common frame, in which case they are hinged on the outside.
In the UK, casement windows were the most common house window before the sash window was introduced, and usually contain leaded glass – glass panes held in place with strips of lead (called lead “cames”; leaded glass is not to be confused with lead glass, which refers to the manufacture of the glass itself). These casement windows usually were hinged on the side, and opened inward. The windows were covered by functional exterior shutters, which opened outward. Variants of casement windows are still the norm in many European countries, such as Denmark and Sweden.
They are opened with a crank, lever, or cam handle, which is placed around hand height or at the bottom and serves as a window lock. A crank, stay, or friction hinge is necessary when the window opens outward, to hold the window in position despite wind.
Often the glass panes are set in a rabbeted frame and sealed with beveled putty or glazing compound to secure the glass.